'Web 2.0 paljastaa' photo (c) 2011, Janne Ansaharju - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth blogging about, I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” (you might also be interested in The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2015). I also sometimes include tech tools that might not exactly fit the definition of Web 2.0:

Adobe Spark looks like an amazing new free tool that lets you create visually attractive quotes, web pages and videos. Richard Byrne, as usual, has created an excellent video showing how it works. I’m adding it to:

The Best Ways For Students Or Teachers To Create A Website

The Best Tools For Creating Visually Attractive Quotations For Online Sharing

A Potpourri Of The Best & Most Useful Video Sites

ClipChamp is an easy tool to make and share five minute “talking head” videos from your webcam. I’m adding it to the “Potpourri” list.

I’m always looking for free online video editing tools that students can use, and Videorama looks like a good app for the job. You can read more about it at TechCrunch. I’m adding it to Not The “Best,” But A List… Of Online Video Editors.

Speaking of videos, I posted in March about Instagram’s announcement that they were going to increase the length of videos you could make with the app from fifteen seconds to one minute. They’ve now done that, in case you haven’t noticed, and it’s a godsend to teachers and students alike. I’ll be sharing videos my English Language Learners and my IB Theory of Knowledge students are making with it.

Three Ways to Share Your Screen and Lend Tech Help is from – who else – Richard Byrne. I’m adding it to The Best Screenshare Tools To Help Others With Computer Problems.

The link in this next tweet shows some pretty interesting ways to use online tools for virtual professional learning communities: