The Best Resources On The Importance Of Correctly Pronouncing Student Names

181928568

I have a popular list titled The Best Places For Students To Learn About…Their Names, and I’ve previously also about the importance of correctly pronouncing student names. However, I thought I’d create a new list specifically about the latter topic.

‘My Name, My Identity’: Educators Promote Cultural Awareness in Campaign is from NBC News.

The Importance Of Correctly Pronouncing Students’ Names is a previous post I published.

Mispronouncing Students’ Names: A Slight That Can Cut Deep is from Ed Week.

They also published a useful follow-up, Pronouncing Student Names Correctly: A Quick Guide.

And, if you doubt the importance of this practice, read The Toast’s The Names They Gave Me.

#ActuallyMyNameIs: A Discussion on Pronouncing Students’ Names (Video) is from Ed Week.

What Is Your Technique For Memorizing Student Names?

Why Getting a Student’s Name Right Is Important for All School Staff is from Learning The Language.

Why Pronouncing Students’ Names is Important to Building Relationships is from The National Board.

The Lasting Impact of Mispronouncing Students’ Names is from NEA Today.

NameCoach Is Ingenious Tool For Helping Pronounce Student Names & It’s Free Through Colorin Colorado!

What My Students Say About Teachers Mispronouncing Their Names

Expanded Guides Available to Help Schools Register Students With Non-English Names is from Education Northwest.

Mispronouncing a kid’s name in class could have lasting impacts, claims new report is a TV news report.

Learn Their Names, Learn Their Story is by Aliza Werner.

Names, Identity, and Immigration is from The Reimagining Migration Project.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN YOUR TEACHER CHANGES YOUR NAME? is from Rethinking Schools.

Quote Of The Day: Pronounce Students’ Names Correctly!