I also regularly write other articles/columns for different publications, including Edutopia, The Washington Post and ASCD Educational Leadership.
Here are the ones I’ve written in 2016 (I’ve got a few coming up next year, but much of my time will be devoted to our next book on teaching ELLs). I’m adding this post to All My 2016 “Best” Lists In One Place:
- Common Core Writing and ELLs
- Collaborative Writing, Common Core, and ELLs
- Peer Review, Common Core, and ELLs
- How to Cultivate Student Agency in English Language Learners
- Ideas for “Close Reading” with ELL Students
- Helping English-Learners Meet the Common-Core’s Speaking and Listening Standards
- Chat Stations, Predictions, and ‘Wingmen’: More Speaking and Listening Activities for ELLs
- Teacher: What happened when my students’ behavior took a ‘major turn for the worse’
- Strategies for teaching the Common Core — no matter what you think about the standards
- The best and worst education news in 2016 — so far.
- ‘Dear President-elect Trump’: Immigrant students write letters asking for ‘the opportunity to demonstrate we are good people.’
- The good — and very, very bad — education news of 2016
- A teacher makes eight education predictions for 2017 — some of them dire