Apple released a neat new free app called Clips today.

You can read a very good – and detailed – explanation of its features at TechCrunch.

It’s billed as a video-editing tool, and it seems like an excellent and simple one. I’m always on the look-out for one of those since I have my IB Theory of Knowledge students periodically make videos, so Clips definitely gets added to the Not The “Best,” But A List… Of Online Video Editors list.

But it’s much more than just a video-editor.  It has the “stop-action” ability of Instagram video (press to video, stop, press again), it provides flowing text you want to display by recognizing the words you say (a particularly useful tool for English Language Learners) and, even though it’s an Apple product, it’s easy to share videos to whatever platform you want to use.

So, because of those features and others, I’m also adding it to The Best Resources For Learning To Use The Video Apps “Vine” & Instagram.

Note: A few years ago I gave a similarly positive review to another – now defunct – video-editing app also called “Clips.” There appears to be no relationship between the two.

For even more related ideas, check out 5 Ways To Use Apple Clips In The Classroom And A Review from ICT Evangelist.