Most educators have heard about John Hattie and his education research. I’ve shared many related resources over the years, and this first tweet by Scott Martin today prompted me to put them all together in one “Best” list (again, this are just resources I’ve previously posted in this blog – I’m sure I’m missing other good pieces). Feel free to suggest other additions (you might also be interested in The Best Resources For Understanding How To Interpret Education Research):

This Is Interesting: “8 Strategies Robert Marzano & John Hattie Agree On”

Two Good John Hattie Videos

What Does “Direct Instruction” Really Mean?

“‘Visible Learning for Literacy’: An Interview With Doug Fisher & Nancy Frey”

John Hattie’s Research Doesn’t Have to Be Complicated is by Peter DeWitt.

Hattie Ranking: 195 Influences And Effect Sizes Related To Student Achievement should probably be one of every educator’s “go-to” resources.

Monster Study On Learning Strategies Released

Making a Visible Impact is a useful article providing a good summary of John Hattie’s research findings about what works in the classroom.

John Hattie on BBC Radio 4: “Homework in primary school has an effect of zero.”

This Is Interesting: Hattie Says Jigsaw Strategy Hits a Homerun

I have a lot of respect for John Hattie’s work. At the same time, I have a lot of respect for educators who have been sharing this article: A CRITICISM OF JOHN HATTIE’S ARGUMENTS IN VISIBLE LEARNING FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A STATISTICIAN

Here’s the latest of John Hattie’s 250+ Influences on Student Achievement.

What is Student Visible Learning and how will it improve your Students’ Learning? is from Teach Tom.

John Hattie Answers Your Visible Learning Questions! is from Corwin.

HOW TO ENGAGE IN PSEUDOSCIENCE WITH REAL DATA: A CRITICISM OF JOHN HATTIE’S ARGUMENTS IN VISIBLE LEARNING FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A STATISTICIAN is a thought-provoking – and critical – paper.

Check out the Visible Learning Meta.