A Beginning List Of The Best Resources For Teaching & Learning About The North Korea Missile Crisis

Last week, several students began talking in class about the probability of war with North Korea.

That got me thinking about ways to teach about the crisis without creating undue alarm.

Here are a few resources I’ve pulled together to help prepare some lessons. You might also be interested in The Best Sites For Learning About The Korean War which, in addition to Korean War resources, also has materials on more recent events (feel free to offer additional suggestions):

How North Korea Became a Rogue State: A Brief History (with Lesson Plan) is from KQED

Decision Point: Understanding the U.S.’s Dilemma Over North Korea is an older lesson from The New York Times Learning Network, but it can easily be updated.

As North Korea’s arsenal grows, experts see heightened risk of ‘miscalculation’ is from The Washington Post.

Here’s a recent Associated Press interactive to learn more about the country.

ILLUMINATING NORTH KOREA is a NY Times interactive.

The Council on Foreign Relations has a Crisis Guide that appears a little out of date, but it still has good info.