No Surprise: Study Finds Immigrant Students Have Trouble Concentrating When Laws Are Passed Attacking Them

In a surprise to…absolutely no one, a new study has found that Latino boys in Arizona had a harder time concentrating in the classroom after an anti-immigrant law was passed in Arizona (see The Best Sites To Learn About Arizona’s New Immigration Law).

Here’s an excerpt:

Of course, this shouldn’t surprise anyone (see The Best Places To Learn What Impact A Teacher (& Outside Factors) Have On Student Achievement) and I don’t think it’s a stretch to see that the Trump Administration’s actions (see The Best Resources On The Trump Administrations New Immigration Enforcement Policies) might very well have a similar impact.

You might also be interested in:

‘Dear President-elect Trump’: Immigrant students write letters asking for ‘the opportunity to demonstrate we are good people.’

1. Positively kills me-I’ve had to sit with too many kids worried about their future trying to thinking something that isn’t totally contrived to try and calm their nerves. I’m not great at figuring what the government should or should not do, but I feel pretty confident about how bad this is.