Here are some recent useful posts and articles on educational policy issues (You might also be interested in The Best Articles, Videos & Posts On Education Policy In 2017 – So Far):

Inside Connecticut’s Education-Funding Turmoil is from The Atlantic. Here is how it ends:

“My classrooms are full of wonderful people, who are the equal of anybody anywhere. We should invest in them,” he said. “Not investing in them doesn’t just diminish them, it diminishes us.”

Here is more information about what is going on in Connecticut.

Growth plus proficiency? Why states are turning to a hybrid strategy for judging schools (and why some experts say they shouldn’t) is from Chalkbeat.

GOP Health Care Proposals: What Educators Should Know is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning How Repeal Of Obamacare Will Affect Students & Schools.

As Government Retrenches, Philanthropy Booms appeared in The New York Times. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Role Of Private Foundations In Education Policy.

Oakland charters more likely to enroll higher-performing students than district schools is from Ed Source. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles Analyzing Charter Schools.