The Best Resources For Learning About The 2017 Total Solar Eclipse

You’ve probably already heard about the upcoming Total Solar Eclipse that will take place on August 21st and be viewable in the United States.

I thought it would be useful to collect a few related resources.

You might also be interested in:

The Best Sites For Learning About A Lunar Eclipse

The Best Images Of The Ring Of Fire Eclipse

Here are my choices for The Best Resources For Learning About The 2017 Total Solar Eclipse:

NASA has created a special site on the eclipse and, really, I don’t think you need to go anywhere else. It seems to have everything!

However, you might still want to check out these other resources:

You’ll need special glasses to see the solar eclipse. Here’s where to get them free. is from The Washington Post.

A solar eclipse is coming in August. Here’s what it will look like where you are. is from The L.A. Times.

Gizmodo has a nice map at The Best Place to View the Total Solar Eclipse This Summer, According to Science.

2017 Total Solar Eclipse: A Guide to Totality on August 21, 2017 is from Sky and Telescope.

National Eclipse and Eclipse 2017 are similar sites with lots of information.

Here’s every total solar eclipse happening in your lifetime. Is this year your best chance? is from The Washington Post.

1. Thanks for the great resources! I was just thinking the other day that I need to start getting info about this together to start some plans! You have put together a great set of information for the Solar Eclipse! I am fortunate to live within the area that should see totality so this is going to be a very special event for me and my students. Thanks!