The Best Videos For Content Teachers With ELLs In Their Classes – Please Suggest More

Many mainstream content teachers have English Language Learner students in their classrooms. And they often are not sure of the best ways to support them.

I thought it could be useful to bring together a collection of short videos that they might find useful. I hope readers will suggest others.

You might also be interested in The Best Sites For Learning Strategies To Teach ELL’s In Content Classes.

Here are my video picks:

I’ve got to start with this great one from Valentina Gonzalez:

Next up is this one from Carol Salva. It’s designed for volunteers in an ESL classroom, but they’re good ideas for all teachers with ELLs to keep in mind:

There are so many good things to say about it and how it provides a glimpse into the challenges facing our English Language Learners. It’s a little longer than most other videos on this list, but it’s well worth the extra few minutes:

Here are some words of wisdom from Dr. Jim Cummins on scaffolding for ELLs:

Lastly, here’s a short excerpt from a longer interview the the Time of Remembrance Project did with me:

Here’s a video suggested by Carol Salva where a science teacher is offering her thoughts and examples:

Here’s another one from Carol where one of her students shares what has helped him in the classroom:

Again, I hope readers will suggest more short videos, especially ones that show scaffolding in action…