This summer, I will be taking a break now-and-then from blogging to both take some R & R and to also finish-up our next book on teaching English Language Learners.

During those short breaks, I’ll be re-posting some of my favorite posts of 2017 so far.

You might also be interested in:

A Look Back: Best Posts From 2007 To 2009 

A Look Back: 2010’s Best Posts From This Blog

A Look Back: 2011’s Best Posts From This Blog

A Look Back: 2012’s Best Posts From This Blog

A Look Back: 2013’s Best Posts From This Blog

A Look Back: 2014’s Best Posts From This Blog

A Look Back: 2015’s Best Posts From This Blog

A Look Back: 2016’s Best Posts From This Blog

President Trump didn’t say much about schools in his Inauguration Speech, but the little he did say was inaccurate, bombastic, and pretty insulting to a lot of us. That particular section is highlighted at the top of this post.

Libby Nelson at Vox has a useful, though not perfect, analysis of it (see Trump’s vision of education begins and ends with schools being bad), so I’m not going to say much more (You can also read this Ed Week piece).

But you might be interested in these related “Best” lists:

The Best Articles Pointing Out That Our Schools Are Not Failing — Please Suggest More

The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools

The Best Data On How Much Money Teachers Pay Out Of Their Own Pocket – What Do You Spend?

The Best Sites For Getting Some Perspective On International Test Comparison Demagoguery 

ADDENDUM:

Trump defenders have begun sharing this chart, which education researchers have been dismissing for a long time as one of the worst and most inaccurate they have seen. You can read more about it at my previous post, Education Research & “The Graph That Will Never Die.”