Each week, I publish a post or two containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here.

You might also be interested in The Best Articles (& Blog Posts) Offering Practical Advice & Resources To Teachers In 2016 – Part Two andThe Best Resources On Class Instruction In 2017 – So Far.

Here are this week’s picks:

Culturally Responsive Teaching: 4 Misconceptions appeared in Cult of Pedagogy. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About “Culturally Responsive Teaching” & “Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy” – Please Share More!

Don’t Get Rid of Grades. Change Their Meaning & Consequences! appeared in Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Grading Practices.

MAPPING CHILDHOOD: How Our Stories Build Community appeared in ReThinking Schools. It’s somewhat connected to my favorite lesson of every year when students compare neighborhoods (see A Lesson Highlighting Community Assets — Not Deficits).

Tips for Aspiring Op-Ed Writers appeared in The NY Times. I’m adding it to Best Posts On Writing Instruction.

Inspiring Students to Engage with Social Studies is by Sarah Cooper.