Five years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in  The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2017 – So Far. and  The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2017 – Part Two.

In addition, look for our next book on teaching ELLs, which will be published in the Spring of 2018.

Here are this week’s choices:

Jr. Naver has quite a few songs designed to teach English.

The role of metacognition in the success of reading and writing tasks across cultures is from The British Council. I’m adding it to Best Posts On Metacognition.

How Readability Factors Are Differentially Associated With Performance for Students of Different Backgrounds When Solving Mathematics Word Problems is from The American Educational Resource Journal. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Teaching Common Core Math To English Language Learners.

Gap-fill, Sentence Writing or Composition – Which Task Leads to Better Vocabulary Learning? is from ELT Research Bites. I’m adding it to The Best Tools For Creating Clozes (Gap-Fills).

I’m adding this video to The Best Christmas Videos For English Language Learners – Help Me Find More: