There are many lists of different instructional/teaching strategies online. However, I thought readers might find it useful if I compiled a sort of “list of list” – a post sharing the exceptional ones.

And there aren’t many of them (though feel free to let me know which ones I’ve missed).

I’m just putting links on this list to compilations that share multiple instructional strategies, including quite a few that are not the “typical” ones many teachers already know. In addition, the site must be well-designed and share enough information that the teacher can apply each strategy immediately.

I’m starting off with only three, though am happy to add to it. In addition, I’m including a few links to related “Best” lists.

Here they are:

Teaching Tolerance Teaching Strategies

Facing History Teaching Strategies

Connecticut State Department of Education Instructional Strategies That Facilitate Learning Across Content Areas

Here are some related “Best” lists:

The Best Places To Find Free (And Good) Lesson Plans On The Internet

The Best Posts On Reading Strategies & Comprehension – Help Me Find More!

The Best Resources For Learning About “Learning Strategies”

The Best Resources About Inductive Learning & Teaching

The Best Resources On Differentiating Instruction

The Best Advice To Content Teachers About Supporting English Language Learners

The Best Videos For Content Teachers With ELLs In Their Classes – Please Suggest More

Q&A Collections: Instructional Strategies shares related posts from my Ed Week Teacher advice column.