NOTE: This post was originally an update on the new Ferdinand movie, but I have since modified it into a “Best” list.

I’ve previously posted Here’s My Entire ELL Beginners Seven-Week Unit On Writing A Story (Including Hand-outs & Links).  As part of it, we read The Story of Ferdinand.  In addition, students watch an animated video of the story made by Disney in 1938 – I use it to teach summary, and have students summarize what they see every couple of minutes.  I’ve embedded that video at the bottom of this post (as an aside, I’m not sure how many know that the book was a very controversial story when it came out prior to World War II and was banned in in countries for it’s alleged promotion of pacifism). Read more about that history here.

As of tomorrow, December 15th, I’ll have a another video about the story to show students (perfect for a Venn Diagram and a Compare/Contrast essay about the different versions – see The Best Resources For Teaching/Learning About How To Write Compare/Contrast Essays) – the big feature “Ferdinand” is being released (you can read more about at the NBC News’ article, Star-studded animated film “Ferdinand” has a strong message about being yourself).

I’m also embedding some recent clips about that movie here:

Here’s the 1938 Disney version (sorry, the original link didn’t work – this one should):

You might also be interested in The Best Teaching Resources For The Movie, “Coco”