I haven’t created many “Best” lists for math, since I don’t teach it, but thought it would be worth bringing together what I have shared about that subject into this post.

Please feel free to let me know if you think I’m off-base on some, or if I’m missing others:

All my Education Week Teacher posts on Math Instruction.

The Best MATH Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress

The Best Multilingual & Bilingual Sites For Math, Social Studies, & Science

The Best Resources For Teaching Common Core Math To English Language Learners

The Best Places To Find Theatrical Movies On Science, Math & History

The Best Resources For Writing In Math Class

The Best Posts About The Khan Academy

The Best Resources For Helping Beginner ELLs Learn About Numbers

Three Apps That Solve Math Problems Through a Picture is from Richard Byrne.

With both Jo Boaler and Dan Meyer endorsing Super Math World, I can only assume it’s a great math learning game.

You Can Now Create Your Own Activities With Amazing Math App Desmos

New “Volley” App Looks Like A “PhotoMath” For…Everything

PhotoMath Is Now Available For Android

PhotoMath & Reactions To It From Around The Web

“Mathpix” Solves Handwritten Math Problems

Visual Math Learning Pre-Algebra Lessons offers audio with text support and illustrations on a variety of math topics.  The audio is clear and at an accessible pace.  It has links to many good interactive math activities but, unfortunately, they don’t have audio.

Harcourt’s That’s A Fact game  reinforces elementary lessons, provides audio support to its text, and students like playing it.

Villainy Mission One and Villainy Mission Two teach geometry and algebra through a story “game” about bad people taking over the world.  Players have to stop them.  Besides it being a fun way to learn math, a lot, if not all, of what the characters speak is shown in text as well as heard.  It’s been developed by Thinkport in Maryland.

The Learn Alberta organization has three math sites called Math Under The SeaMath 5 Live, and Spy Guys Math.  Instead of explaining each one, I’m going to suggest that they’re definitely worth the time to just go and check them out.

SAS Curriculum Pathways, one of my favorite online sites, offers a free Math 1 course. You can read more about it here.

“Equations That Changed The World”

10 Tweaks That Can Deepen Math Tasks is from Middleweb.

Students Must ‘Engage in Math Problem-Solving’ & not Just ‘Follow Procedures’ is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns.

Great Clip From “Lady Bird” On A Growth Mindset

Using Jilk’s (2016) “It was smart when…” statement to name and notice students’ mathematical strengths is from Embracing Life With Major Revisions.

Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class is from Edutopia.

Author Interview: ‘Motivated – Designing Math Classrooms Where Students Want to Join In’ is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns. In it, Ilana Horn, author of “Motivated: Designing Math Classrooms Where Students Want To Join In,” agreed to answer a few questions about her book.

Five Ways To Shift Teaching Practice So Students Feel Less Math Anxious is from MindShift.

The MTBoS Search site is a search engine for posts from Math teachers.  It’s pretty impressive.

A Great Post On Seeing Assets Instead Of Deficits

You need a play table in your math classroom! is from Sara Van Der Werf.

Making Numbers Count: How social justice math can help students transform people, politics and communities is from Teaching Tolerance.

What Does Fluency Without Understanding Look Like? is from Dan Meyer. It specifically is about math, but I think it’s comparable to the Krashen perspective of language acquisition versus language learning.

Mathematical Mindset Algebra is from YouCubed.

Mr. Barton Maths is a pretty impressive site.

‘Tech Does Not Replace Pedagogy – It Complements It’ is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns.  It’s about online math tools.

Common Core Problem Based Curriculum Maps is from Emergent Math.

GOOGLE MAKES ANOTHER BIG ANNOUNCEMENT UNVEILING UPDATED “SOCRATIC” APP TO HELP STUDENTS WITH…JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING

How Might You Launch a Lesson? is from the Desmos blog. It’s focused on math, which is why I’m adding it here, but it’s valuable enough for all teachers to read.

Microsoft Math is a multilingual app that provides step-by-step instructions for math problems. It’s similar to other apps on this list. The key difference that I see, however, is that it provides multilingual support.

A Strategy for Boosting Student Engagement in Math is from Edutopia.

Hypatia looks interesting. They call themselves a “spellcheck for math.” It looks like it might be similar to Socratic (see Google Makes Another Big Announcement Unveiling Updated “Socratic” App To Help Students With…Just About Everything) or PhotoMath (see PhotoMath & Reactions To It From Around The Web and PhotoMath Is Now Available For Android).

Google Lens’ new ‘Homework’ filter will solve math problems from a photo is from EnGadget.

Solve Math Equations using Google Search : Get help solving equations by typing them into the Search bar or snapping a picture with Lens to get a step-by-step solution, live in English and coming soon to 70+ languages including French and Japanese.

Microsoft Math Solver is a new online tool that helps – and shows – you how to…solve math problems.

This is from Google:

Are you struggling to help your child with their math homework? Don’t worry, Google has your back. Type the  equation, like “x^2-3x-4=0”, into the Search bar or take a picture through Lens in the Google App to find step-by-step explanations in over 70 languages. We’re expanding support to even more types of math equations through our partnerships with Symbolab, Mathway (a Chegg Service), and Tiger Algebra which is coming. You’ll also be able to access a variety of explanations for how to solve math problems, increasing the chances that one of them may stick.

Skew The Script has a lot of math lessons connected to real world issues.

This is an interesting post by Dan Meyer: We Should Wish PhotoMath All The Success In The World.

How to Make Math Concepts Feel Relevant to Students is from Edutopia.

Why I Center Student Experiences in My Math Class is from Ed Reports.