I haven’t created many “Best” lists for math, since I don’t teach it, but thought it would be worth bringing together what I have shared about that subject into this post.

Please feel free to let me know if you think I’m off-base on some, or if I’m missing others:

All my Education Week Teacher posts on Math Instruction.

The Best MATH Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress

The Best Multilingual & Bilingual Sites For Math, Social Studies, & Science

The Best Resources For Teaching Common Core Math To English Language Learners

The Best Places To Find Theatrical Movies On Science, Math & History

The Best Resources For Writing In Math Class

The Best Posts About The Khan Academy

The Best Resources For Helping Beginner ELLs Learn About Numbers

Three Apps That Solve Math Problems Through a Picture is from Richard Byrne.

With both Jo Boaler and Dan Meyer endorsing Super Math World, I can only assume it’s a great math learning game.

You Can Now Create Your Own Activities With Amazing Math App Desmos

New “Volley” App Looks Like A “PhotoMath” For…Everything

PhotoMath Is Now Available For Android

PhotoMath & Reactions To It From Around The Web

“Mathpix” Solves Handwritten Math Problems

Visual Math Learning Pre-Algebra Lessons offers audio with text support and illustrations on a variety of math topics.  The audio is clear and at an accessible pace.  It has links to many good interactive math activities but, unfortunately, they don’t have audio.

Harcourt’s That’s A Fact game  reinforces elementary lessons, provides audio support to its text, and students like playing it.

Villainy Mission One and Villainy Mission Two teach geometry and algebra through a story “game” about bad people taking over the world.  Players have to stop them.  Besides it being a fun way to learn math, a lot, if not all, of what the characters speak is shown in text as well as heard.  It’s been developed by Thinkport in Maryland.

The Learn Alberta organization has three math sites called Math Under The SeaMath 5 Live, and Spy Guys Math.  Instead of explaining each one, I’m going to suggest that they’re definitely worth the time to just go and check them out.

SAS Curriculum Pathways, one of my favorite online sites, offers a free Math 1 course. You can read more about it here.

“Equations That Changed The World”

10 Tweaks That Can Deepen Math Tasks is from Middleweb.

Students Must ‘Engage in Math Problem-Solving’ & not Just ‘Follow Procedures’ is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns.

Great Clip From “Lady Bird” On A Growth Mindset

Using Jilk’s (2016) “It was smart when…” statement to name and notice students’ mathematical strengths is from Embracing Life With Major Revisions.

Finding the Beauty of Math Outside of Class is from Edutopia.

Author Interview: ‘Motivated – Designing Math Classrooms Where Students Want to Join In’ is the headline of one of my Education Week Teacher columns. In it, Ilana Horn, author of “Motivated: Designing Math Classrooms Where Students Want To Join In,” agreed to answer a few questions about her book.

Five Ways To Shift Teaching Practice So Students Feel Less Math Anxious is from MindShift.

The MTBoS Search site is a search engine for posts from Math teachers.  It’s pretty impressive.

A Great Post On Seeing Assets Instead Of Deficits

You need a play table in your math classroom! is from Sara Van Der Werf.

Making Numbers Count: How social justice math can help students transform people, politics and communities is from Teaching Tolerance.

What Does Fluency Without Understanding Look Like? is from Dan Meyer. It specifically is about math, but I think it’s comparable to the Krashen perspective of language acquisition versus language learning.

Mathematical Mindset Algebra is from YouCubed.