Revised & Updated: Useful Resources For Learning About Race & Racism

As regular readers know, I’ve been revising and updating the forty-five separate “Best” lists I have related to race and racism, and you can see them all here.

All those lists contain resources that I have used or are using in my classes.

However, there are a lot of materials that I have not yet incorporated in my teaching, but anticipate doing so sometime in the future.

That’s what this list contains.

As I use each one, I’ll move them over the appropriate lists and, of course, I’ll continually be adding things here, too:

The Best Commentaries On The Huge New Study On Race, Inequality & Gender

When Whites Just Don’t Get It, Part 2 is by Nicholas Kristof at The New York Times.

White people are more likely to deal drugs, but black people are more likely to get arrested for it is from The Washington Post.

Whites riot over pumpkins in NH and Twitter turns it into epic lesson about Ferguson is from Raw Story.

Text to Text | ‘Little Things Are Big’ and ‘Students See Many Slights as Racial ‘Microaggressions’ is from The New York Times Learning Network.

Black teens who commit a few crimes go to jail as often as white teens who commit dozens is from The Washington Post.

America’s yawning racial wealth gap, explained in 9 charts is from Vox.

This chart explains why black people fear being killed by the police is from Vox.

Is It An ‘Uprising’ Or A ‘Riot’? Depends On Who’s Watching is from NPR.

Statistic Of The Day: Half Of Whites See No Racism

Are you guilty of these 12 microaggressions? is from Mashable.

Poor white kids are less likely to go to prison than rich black kids is from The Washington Post.

Text to Text | ‘The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian’ and ‘On the Reservation and Off, Schools See a Changing Tide’ is from The New York Times Learning Network.

A C-SPAN caller asked a black guest how to stop being prejudiced. Here’s how she responded. is from The Washington Post.

Repeated experiences of racism most damaging to mental health is from Science Daily.

Racism Is Literally Bad For Your Health is from NPR.