Here Are All The Tweets From The SECOND Week Of Sharing Excerpts From Our New Book, #ELLTeachersToolbox

Our next book, The ELL Teacher’s Toolbox: Hundreds of Practical Ideas to Support Your Students will be published this month – in a few days, actually.

Katie and I will be doing a slow “Twitter chat” on the book until it comes out.  We’ll be sharing very short excerpts using the hashtag #ELLTeachersToolbox and welcoming reactions, questions and conversation.

Each week I’ll also collect the tweets and publish them here as one post.

During the first two weeks of April, you’ll also be able to read longer excerpts in The Washington Post, Middleweb, Edutopia, MindShift and Education Week.  Katie and I will also be during a Facebook Live event with Ed Week in mid-April.

Here is a link to the tweets from our first week of the Twitter chat.

1. I really enjoyed the article about ending the school year strong. I think a lot of times as the end of the year draws nearer, we all go into that coasting mode, like you said. We start counting down the days. However, it was very eye-opening to me to read about things I could do at the end of the year to help my ELL students. It didn’t occur to me that through the summer, they could lose or be hindered by not being in school every day because at home, a lot of them will be speaking in their L1. Therefore, when they come back the next school year, they are going to have to get back in the swing of speaking English all the time and into school. However, if I set goals for them at the end, and maybe even set goals for them for the next year, this will help them out a lot for the upcoming grade they will be entering.