geralt / Pixabay

Starbucks’ Howard Schultz gave voice to the ignorance of many when he said last night that he doesn’t see color.

I thought it would be useful to share a few responses to that common comment from whites, including many white teachers.

You might also be interested in other “Best” lists related to race and racism, including The Best Explanations For Why You Shouldn’t Say “All Lives Matter” and New & Revised: Resources To Help Us Predominantly White Teachers To Reflect On How Race Influences Our Work.

Please let me know what I should add to this list:

Howard Schultz said he’s colorblind. That suggests a deep ignorance about America’s race problems. is from The Washington Post.

Howard Schultz Says He Doesn’t See Race, But We Deserve Politicians Who Do is from Teen Vogue.

Opinion: Dear ‘White Allies’, Stop Saying That You ‘Don’t See Color’ appeared in NBC News.

‘The Hate U Give’ Cast on the Correct Response to ‘I Don’t See Color’ is from Variety.

White Teachers Need to See Color. Here’s Why. appeared on We Are Teachers.

Color Blindness is from Teaching Tolerance.

Stop saying, “I don’t see color.” Here are some better ways to support us. is from The Matador Network.