I’ll be doing a series on the challenges facing Native Americans in our school system over at Education Week Teacher, and I thought it was long past time for my to also publish a list of related resources.

You might also be interested in:

The Best Sites For International Day Of The World’s Indigenous People

The Best Resources About “Culturally Responsive Teaching” & “Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy” – Please Share More!

Please let me know what resources I should add to this list.

Here’s what I have so far:

Culturally Responsive Instruction for Native American Students is an interactive video series from WestEd.

‘I Feel Invisible’: Native Students Languish in Public Schools is from The NY Times.

District of Despair: On a Montana Reservation, Schools Favor Whites Over Native Americans is from ProPublica.

Native Americans push schools to include their story in California history classes is from Ed Source.

We’re Still Here – Why Aren’t You Teaching To or About Us? is by Susan C. Faircloth, Ph.D.

Creating a More Welcoming and Culturally Responsive School Community to Engage American Indian and Alaska Native Families is a three-part series by Mandy Smoker Broaddus.

Here’s the Truth About Why There Are So Few Native American Teachers by Jennifer Jilot.

Why Aren’t We Talking About Native American Students? is from Ed Week.

‘Listen to Native People’: What K-12 Curricula Leave Out (Q&A) is from Ed Week.

The Schools That Tried—But Failed—to Make Native Americans Obsolete is from The Atlantic.