Each week, I publish a post or two containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES ON CLASS INSTRUCTION IN 2019 – PART ONE.

Here are this week’s picks:

The Goals Project connects classrooms who are teaching and learning about the United Nations’ Sustainable Development goals. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Find Other Classes For Joint Online Projects.

There’s a movement for better posters at science conferences. is an interesting article about a new format for scientific “posters.” It seems to me it could be worth using the format in class and reinforce the idea that students are working as scientists. Here’s the format:

I’m adding it to The Best Sources Of Advice For Making Good Presentations.

How to Teach Critical Thinking is by Daniel Willingham. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Teaching & Learning Critical Thinking In The Classroom.

Using”Think-Time” and “Wait-Time” Skillfully in the Classroom. is from ERIC Digest. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On The Idea Of “Wait Time”

Grades Versus Comments: What Does the Research Really Tell Us? is from Ed Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Grading Practices.

“Exam Wrappers” are metacognitive tools for students to reflect on how well they’ve prepared for…exams.  Here are some resources on them that I’m adding to Best Posts On Metacognition:

Wrapping up Metacognition: Pre- and Post-Exam Interventions is from Improve With Metacognition.

Exam Wrappers is from The Eberly Center.

Help Students to Learn from Returned Tests is from Duquesne University.

Exam Wrappers is from Stanford.