johnhain / Pixabay

A fair amount of research has been coming out highlighting the importance of students feeling a sense of “belonging” at school, and I’ve previously shared quite a bit of it.

Today, Ed Week wrote about yet another piece of research (see Students Who Feel They Belong Are Less Likely to Bully, Study Finds) and I decided it was finally time to create a related “Best” list.

I’m adding this post to my collection of SEL-related lists, as well as adding it specifically to A Very, Very Beginning List Of The Best Resources On Bullying — Please Suggest More.

You might also be interested in The Best Resources On Developing A Sense Of Community In The Classroom.

In addition to the Ed Week post from today, here’s what I’ve shared:

NO SURPRISE: STUDY FINDS THAT EDUCATORS WHO “DON’T SEE COLOR” HARM STUDENTS OF COLOR

Mindsets and the Learning Environment: Evidence from half a million students on the importance of belonging in schools is from The Mindset Scholars Network.

How Being Part of a ‘House’ Within a School Helps Students Gain A Sense of Belonging is from MindShift (that’s in The Best Resources For Learning About Small Learning Communities list).

Students’ Sense of Belonging: What the Research Says is from Ed Week.