BiljaST / Pixabay

Five years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES, ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS FOR TEACHERS OF ELLS IN 2019 โ€“ PART ONE.

. Also, check out A Collection Of My Best Resources On Teaching English Language Learners.

In addition, look for our new book on teaching ELLs, which was published in the Spring of 2018.

Here are this week’s choices:

A ‘One-Size-Fits-All’ Approach to English-Learner Education Won’t Work. Here’s Why is from Ed Week.

New Survey Examines Teacher Beliefs About Bilingualism is from New America. I’m adding it to The Best Resources Explaining Why We Need To Support The Home Language Of ELLs.

Schools Worry Over New Trump Rule on Immigrants and Federal Benefits is from Ed Week. You might also be interested in Emma Lazarus And The History Behind Her Poem, ‘The New Colossus’

Report – Transforming Districts, Schools and Classrooms in New York State by prioritizing Equity and Academic Success for Multilingual Learners/English Language Learners is from The New York State Education Department.

Moving Forwards: Positive Directions in ELT is by Dave Dodgson.

This is a great video from the British Council though, unfortunately, it’s only published on Facebook. Many schools block Facebook, so it couldn’t be shown to students in class (unless it was downloaded). The article it’s built from, however, could certainly be read by students – How to use books to learn a foreign language:

I’m adding this tweet to Ways A Mainstream Teacher Can Support An ELL Newcomer In Class:

I’m adding this next tweet to The Best Resources For Planning The First Day Of School: