Six years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “Ed Tech Digest” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps.

You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2019 – PART ONE, as well as checking out all my edtech resources.

You might also want to explore The 56 Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2018 and THE BEST THIRTY-FIVE WEB 2.0 APPLICATIONS FOR EDUCATION IN 2019.

Here are this week’s choices:

High Schools to TikTok: We’re Catching Feelings is from The NY Times.

TikTok makes education push in India is from TechCrunch.

Live Caption, Google’s automatic captioning technology, is now available on Pixel 4 is from TechCrunch. I’m adding it to GOOGLE SLIDES GETS AUTOMATED CAPTIONS – HUGE HELP TO ONLINE TEACHERS OF ENGLISH; COULD MAYBE HELP IN REGULAR CLASSROOM.

Teaching with Technology in Public Schools is by Larry Cuban.

A GUIDE TO GOOGLE DRAWINGS FOR TEACHERS, STUDENTS, AND BLOGGERS is from The Edublogger.

Bored and Confused is a new tool for getting audience feedback during a presentation. Mentimeter is another one.  Here are others.

Noisy Book “brings [stories] it to life with automatic sound effects, a beautiful transcription, and a whole host of other amazing tricks.” It reminds me of the now-defunct Booktracks app (see “Booktrack” Lets You Read Books With Soundtracks & Make Your Own). Thanks to David Kapuler for the tip.