I think you’ll find this two-part interview Jon Stewart did with Ta-Nehisi Coates very interesting – I certainly did. You might also be interested in the review of the book that recently appeared in my Ed Week Teacher column. I’m adding these videos to A Collection Of Useful Posts, Articles & Videos On Race & Racism – Help Me Find More. The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive Share...Read More
Search Results for: "jon stewart"
Just in case you haven’t seen this video segment on the Atlanta cheating scandal from last night’s The Daily Show, here it is… I think it’s pretty good, though it does omit two important points — it doesn’t really talk about the overall problem of focusing on test scores, and doesn’t say anything about the fact that all the defendants were people of color. I’m still adding it to The Best Commentaries On The Atlanta Test-Cheating Verdict. The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive Share...Read More
Jon Stewart at the Daily Show did a very funny segment this week on the Chinese government’s crackdown on the use of puns in the media. Except for a bleeped out expletive near the very beginning of the segment, the rest of it would be appropriate for classroom use. It would be ideal for an International Baccalaureate Theory of Knowledge class when language is being studied. Here it is: The Daily ShowGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,The Daily Show on Facebook,Daily Show Video Archive Share...Read More
Michelle Rhee was on The Daily Show last night. I thought she generally came across as quite reasonable and tried to minimize and gloss over many of her beliefs. Stewart kept pressing her — admirably, I thought, while trying to maintain his nice guy persona — and the best part is clearly Part Three (the second and third parts appeared on the Web). That’s when Rhee told Stewart “You’re looking confused” when it was clear that Stewart had enough of her ducking and weaving, and he began to question her more forcefully. I was struck by several things Stewart said during the interview, including: teaching is an art form teachers subjected to new offensive coordinator coming in every few years There hasn’t really been any innovation in education since John Dewey. (this is the only time I thought he was off-base) Teachers seem like one tool to get education on track, but they seem to be the only tool that ever gets yelled at…. There’s poverty, communities, but teachers are the only ones we tell, “Fix it, or you’re fired!” Education can take place if the soil is fertile.. Is school the biggest factor? It seems we’ve abandoned the model of public school in the inner city You are creating a system where the public school becomes a place for the toughest cases [and others go to charters] The...Read More
Jon Stewart did a very good interview with Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz about wealth inequality in the United States. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About Wealth & Income Inequality: The Daily Show with Jon StewartGet More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook Share...Read More
Subscribe By Email
Most popular posts
- Answers To "What Do You Do On The First Day Of School?"
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- I Think This New NPR Video Is A 'Must-Watch' For Every Teacher: "The Power of Expectations"
- The Best Sites For Teaching About Latitude & Longitude
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- You're Unlikely To Find More Useful Articles To Help With Student Motivation Than These Two...
- Teachers Might Find This List Of ELL Accommodations Useful...
- A Look Back: The Best Piece Of Classroom Management Advice I Ever Read
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
- An Effective Five-Minute Lesson On Metacognition on
- Has ICE No Shame? Undocumented Immigrants Who Volunteered To Care For Children In Custody Arrested on
- What’s The Best English Verb Tense Chart You’ve Seen? on
- The Best Resources On Class Instruction In 2018 – So Far on
- TOK Essay Prompts For May, 2018 Just Released – Here They Are, Along With Supporting Resources on