I’ve previously posted a lot about the work of Harvard professor Michael Sandel. Here’s an older video clip of an interview he did on NBC. I use it in my IB Theory of Knowledge class when we’re studying Ethics. Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy Share...Read More
Search Results for: "michael sandel"
I’ve written a lot about the work of Harvard Professor Michael Sandel. Here’s short video where he’s considering the question “Should we pay children to read?” He gets to the crux of the matter in the final couple of minutes: I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On “Motivating” Students. It’s particularly timely because of this past week’s release of a study on paying students to work harder on tests, which I’ve written about at: Can’t Economists Stay Away From Schools? Don’t They Have Enough Other Things To Do? Part Two Of “Can’t Economists Stay Away From Schools?” — My Worst Fears Realized Share...Read More
I’ve written several posts sharing the work of Michael Sandel, a Harvard professor who writes and talks about ethical dilemmas. Today, I discovered that Harvard recently posted a series of short animated videos he uses in his online courses, and they’re fabulous! I’ll certainly be using several of them in my IB Theory of Knowledge classes this week since we happen to be studying Ethics. You can see and access the entire playlist here. Here are a couple of examples: You might also be interested in The Best Videos About The Famous “Trolley Problem” Share...Read More
It’s time for another “Best” list to add to All Mid-Year 2016 “Best” Lists In One Place. I’ll also be adding this post to All Of My Theory Of Knowledge “Best” Lists In One Place! Here are my previous TOK-related “Best” lists: The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources — 2010 The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2011 — So Far The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2011 The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2012 — So Far The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2012 — Part Two The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2013 – So Far The Best Commentaries On The New IB Theory Of Knowledge Teaching Guide The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2013 – Part Two The Best Movies For IB Theory Of Knowledge Classes – What Are Your Suggestions? The Best Posts On IB Theory Of Knowledge Oral Presentations The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2014 – So Far The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2014 – Part Two The Best Posts On Teaching TOK “Knowledge Questions” The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2015 – So Far The Best Theory Of Knowledge Resources In 2015 – Part Two Here are my picks from the past six months: Atul Gawande gave the commencement address at CalTech this month, and The New Yorker published his speech under the...Read More
Another day, another mid-year annual “Best” list (you can find all 1,600 Best lists here). You might also be interested in: The Best Videos For Educators In 2015 – Part Two The Best Videos For Educators In 2015 – So Far The Best Videos For Educators In 2014 – Part Two The Best Videos For Educators In 2014 – So Far The “All-Time” Best Videos For Educators The Best Videos For Educators In 2013 – Part Two The Best Videos For Educators In 2012 — Part Two The Best Videos For Educators In 2012 — Part One The Best Videos For Educators In 2011 Part Two Of The Best Videos For Educators — 2010 The Ten Best Videos For Educators — 2010 And you might also want to see The Best Funny Videos Showing The Importance Of Being Bilingual — Part One ; The Best Videos Illustrating Qualities Of A Successful Language Learner ; The Best Video Clips Demonstrating “Grit”; and The Best Fun Videos About Books & Reading. You might also want to check out The Best Video Collections For Educators ; The Best Video Clips On Goal-Setting — Help Me Find More ; The Best Movie Scenes, Stories, & Quotations About “Transfer Of Learning” – Help Me Find More! ; The Best Funny Videos To Help Teach Grammar – Help Me Find More ; The Best Videos About The Famous “Trolley Problem” and The Best...Read More
Subscribe By Email
Most popular posts
- Answers To "What Do You Do On The First Day Of School?"
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- I Think This New NPR Video Is A 'Must-Watch' For Every Teacher: "The Power of Expectations"
- The Best Sites For Teaching About Latitude & Longitude
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- You're Unlikely To Find More Useful Articles To Help With Student Motivation Than These Two...
- Teachers Might Find This List Of ELL Accommodations Useful...
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- What Is The Accurate Edison Quote On Learning From Failure?
- A Look Back: The Best Piece Of Classroom Management Advice I Ever Read
- Has ICE No Shame? Undocumented Immigrants Who Volunteered To Care For Children In Custody Arrested on
- What’s The Best English Verb Tense Chart You’ve Seen? on
- The Best Resources On Class Instruction In 2018 – So Far on
- TOK Essay Prompts For May, 2018 Just Released – Here They Are, Along With Supporting Resources on
- Guest Post: What Is Going On With IB Examiners? on