One of the many great professional development programs sponsored by ASCD is their annual class of Emerging Leaders.
Here are just a few of their activities:
- Attending the invitation-only Leader to Leader (L2L) conference in July, where leaders of various ASCD constituent groups convene to learn, share, and lay the groundwork for further collaboration
- Presenting at ASCD conferences and events
- Writing for ASCD publications, including the Inservice blog, and contributing blogs and articles to other outlets
- Facilitating the #ASCDL2L Twitter chat, which occurs on the first Tuesday of each month
- Hosting episodes of ASCD Learn Teach Lead Radio, a weekly program produced in partnership with BAM! Radio Network
I’d encourage readers to participate next year.
The Emerging Leaders online application is open from February 1 to April 1 each year. In other words, the application for next year’s Class will re-open on February 1, 2017. You can self-nominate or nominate someone else.