Alfie Kohn is always thought-provoking, though I fairly often think he takes things too far or is just not very realistic about life in a typical classroom. I’ve got to say, though, that I think his new article in ASCD...Read More
Search Results for: kohn
Alfie Kohn has written several books, including “Punished By Rewards.”. Dwight Schrute is the well-known character in the television comedy, “The Office.” What might the connection be between the two of...Read More
Thanks to my talented colleague Jen Adkins, we had a good staff discussion on classroom management today. We first read Discpline Is The Problem – Not The Solution by Alfie Kohn. As with most of his pieces, it’s very...Read More
You may or may not know that I have another blog focusing on parent engagement resources. And I have scores of related “Best” lists here. Over the past few years, though, I’ve just been sharing links to related resources there,...Read More
Subscribe By Email
Most popular posts
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- We're Encouraging Students To Use This Outline For 2019 TOK Essays
- Oral Presentation Suggestions For IB Theory of Knowledge Classes
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- The Best Online Virtual "Corkboards" (or "Bulletin Boards")
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- Finished! Here Are All Thirty-One 2018 "Best" Lists
- The Best Sites For Learning About The World's Different Cultures
- This Is The Best Video I've Seen On Perseverance & Resilience: "There’s no dishonor in having a disability"
- What Is The Accurate Edison Quote On Learning From Failure?
- January’s Most Popular Posts From This Blog
- My Favorite Posts That Appeared In January
- December’s “Best” Lists – There Are Now 2,022 Of Them!
- A Look Back: New Report From The UChicago Consortium Is The Best Synopsis Of Useful Education Research That I’ve Seen In A Long Time
- Here Are Examples Of What Students Wrote About A Growth Mindset