The popular Berenstain Bears have a simple Pack a Picnic game that is good for teaching beginning English Language Learners food vocabulary. Mama Bear (nothing like adding to gender stereotypes) thinks about a kind of food, and the player has to search around the kitchen to find it.
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
July 22, 2008
March 24, 2017
November 25, 2017
July 18, 2009
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
- Here’s Advice On Talking To Someone With Whom You Disagree – Could Be Helpful For Family Holiday Conversations
- New Study Examines What Helps Students Most With Reading Comprehension
- A Look Back: Another Study Finds Eliciting Explanations From Students Is More Effective Than Telling Them
- Great Student Video Vocabulary Contest At NY Times Learning Network
- “Want Students to ‘Build a Better World?’ Try Culturally Responsive Social-Emotional Learning”