Pitara, which I believe is a site from India, has a variety of good stories and exercises accessible to English Language Learners. I particularly like their “Activities” section. It gives clozes (fill-in-the-gap) exercises, and then shows a variety of pictures (labeled with words) and students have to choose which one is most appropriate for that sentence.
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
February 16, 2008
August 7, 2010
September 25, 2009
Most popular posts
- List Of Knowledge Questions My TOK Students Are Using This Year For Their Oral Presentations
- A Simple & Effective Classroom Lesson On Gratitude
- The Best Online Virtual "Corkboards" (or "Bulletin Boards")
- The Best Places To Get The "Same" Text Written For Different "Levels"
- The Best Resources For Helping Teachers Use Bloom's Taxonomy In The Classroom
- The Best Websites For Creating Online Learning Games
- The Best Sites For Learning About The World's Different Cultures
- The Best Places To Read & Write "Choose Your Own Adventure" Stories
- I've Found These Decent Online Exercises To Teach Paraphrasing - Can You Suggest More?
- The Best Scaffolded Writing Frames For Students