Pasadena City College has developed the ESL Robots Project. Students first listen and read dialogues related to shopping, getting an apartment, and dealing with a hotel clerk. Then, students use the information they learned to “chat” with virtual staff in each of the three settings. It’s quite an innovative exercise.
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
February 10, 2010
September 24, 2011
October 6, 2009
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
- Meme Of The Week: Interstellar, Ted Kennedy, & No Child Left Behind
- The Best Year-In-Review Features For 2021
- Video: “What is international law? An animated explainer”
- A Look Back: An Outline For How Students Can Learn To Write Essays Inductively
- Here’s Advice On Talking To Someone With Whom You Disagree – Could Be Helpful For Family Holiday Conversations