I’ve known about the Web 2.0 application called Glogster for quite awhile. It lets you make an online poster. However, I haven’t posted about it because it didn’t allow you to insert images from the Web through use of the image’s url address — all images had to be uploaded from your computer.  I don’t post about any web tools that don’t have that ability — in my experience, that shortcoming just doesn’t make it a useful tool for my students.

A post about Glogster at the iLearn Technology blog today reminded me about the site, so I checked it out again. Happily, it now lets you insert images from the Web by just copying and pasting its url address.

It has lots of bells and whistles you can add to your text and images. In fact, it has so many that I suspect they can be pretty distracting for students. Because of that, it won’t make The Best Sites For Students To Write Online, which will be coming out in a few days. But I’m sure students would enjoy making a project using it now and then.

Other teachers, I know, are more enthusiastic about Glogster than I am, so I’d encourage you to try it out with an open mind and let me know what you think.