I thought it might be useful for readers, and for me, to make a short list each month highlighting my choices of the best resources I shared through Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog.

Obviously, readers know I’ve already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them.  Those are not included again in this post.

I’ll be writing a post called “My Verdict On Twitter” in the next week or so (which will include my rationale for what I send “tweets” about on Twitter and what I post here — there may be a “method to my madness” — thought I’m not sure).

I sorta’ “stole” (adapted?) this idea of a list from Richard Byrne, who periodically does a similar feature (though he does it far more often than monthly).

April’s list is a bit late since I just thought of the idea of writing this regular post…

Here are my picks for April’s Best Tweets (not listed in any order):

World cities ranked by “quality of living” (Vienna is number 1)

Cable In The Classroom mag. lists top edtech blogs

A blog post from Susan Graham on Using data vs. intuition in teaching.

I don’t empower students, a blog post by Candace Williams.

“Paint What You Want” — some classroom management advice from Marvin Marshall.

NASA interactive on the mission to repair the Hubble telescope.

Interactive “Time Warp Videos” where you control slow motion. It includes neat ones from nature.

“Legacy of Five Faulty Assumptions” — some common sense from the founder of “Ed Week” about “Why We’re Still ‘At Risk.”

A NY Times lesson on study showing kids who write on values increase grades, Includes assignment used in study.

“Picture This” is online search game for images, good for ELL vocabulary development.

NY Times graphic showing how much money you get for different body parts lost in an accident.

Neat multimedia world map highlighting environmental issues around the world — from Conservation International.