As regular readers know, I began a second blog about seven months ago that was timed with the publication of my book, Building Parent Engagement In Schools.
I’ve been regularly posting in that blog, “Engaging Parents In School,” and thought it might be useful to share — in order of popularity — which posts have been “clicked-on” most over the past six months.
Here are My Most Popular Posts On Parent Engagement (Over The Past Six Months):
1) Worst Idea To Promote Parent Involvement Ever: If You’re Poor, You Get Government Benefits Cut-Off Unless You Go To PTA Meetings
2) School Secretary Fired For Translating For Parents
3) Boy, Did Ruben Navarrete Get Up On The Wrong Side Of The Bed This Morning!
4) My Best Posts & Articles About Building Parent Engagement In Schools — 2009
5) How NOT To Communicate With Parents
6) October Is “Parent Involvement Month”
7) “Harlem Program Singled Out as Model”
8. Will Somebody Tell Secretary Duncan’s Staff That There Are “Regular” Public Schools Engaging Parents, Too?
9) Some Of These “Parent Academies” Just Don’t Get It….
10) Conditional Cash Transfers, Parents, And Schools
I hope you find the list helpful.