TxtBear is a new and very useful web application that allows you to easily upload and document and immediately turn it into a webpage.

A site like this is one is wonderful for students and others who are not very tech savvy. All they have to do is create a document in Word (including easily copying and pasting images into it), which they might be more familiar with, and easily turn it into a website. Students can upload papers they’ve written, as well. Then, they can just copy and paste its url address into a teacher or student blog. For example, now I have students type essays in a Word Document and then copy and paste them directly into the comments section of our class blog. With TxtBear, they use Word, illustrate it if they want, and then paste the link into the class blog. It makes the document much more readable that way.

Last year, at the beginning of the H1N1 flu scare, my students used a similar site called File2.ws (which has since gone out of business — that site was number one on The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education — 2009 list) to create and post safety tips in their native language. Those flyers were widely distributed throughout the Web. Unfortunately, when File2.ws went out of business, those documents disappeared, which is the danger of any new service.

Crocodoc, a service that I have raved about and is the number one app on my Best Applications For Annotating Websites list, lets you do the same thing with your docs. Crocodoc has several other excellent features, though, so, for a a real newbie to tech, TxtBear might be better because this is the only thing it does — users don’t have any other choices to be intimidated by.

I’m adding TxtBear to Part Two Of The Best Sites For Students To Easily Create & Display Online Projects.