Again, today, there have been a number of very useful articles, videos and blog posts related to school reform issues. They include (a few are older than today, but I’ve just learned about them):

* Richard Rothstein has written a great piece titled Fact-Challenged Policy. It challenges claims made recently by Bill Gates. I’m adding it to The Best Posts Responding To Bill Gates’ Appallingly Clueless Op-Ed Piece.

* Study: $75M teacher pay initiative did not improve achievement is a new report on the failed use of teacher merit pay in New York City. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning Why Teacher Merit Pay Is A Bad Idea.

* Here’s an MSNBC video of Leonie Haimson of Class Size Matters explaining why smaller classes are the key to success.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I’m adding this video to The Best Resources For Learning About How Class Size Does Matter.

* Evaluating New York Teachers, Perhaps the Numbers Do Lie is an article from The New York Times. Check-out the equation above the headline! I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Value-Added” Approach Towards Teacher Evaluation.

* Think Again: Education: Relax, America. Chinese math whizzes and Indian engineers aren’t stealing your kids’ future is from Foreign Policy Magazine. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Getting Some Perspective On International Test Comparison Demagoguery.

* We Must Change the Narrative About Public Education is very good piece by Diane Ravitch at Edutopia.

* Gates’ Measures of Effective Teaching Study: More Value-Added Madness is by Justin Baeder at Ed Week. I”m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Value-Added” Approach Towards Teacher Evaluation.