I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in this blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too. These are resources that I didn’t include in my “Best Tweets” feature because I had planned to post about them, or because I didn’t even get around to sending a tweet sharing them.

Here are This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”:

African-Americans And The Civil War is a slideshow from NPR. Faces From The Civil War is a slideshow from TIME Magazine. I’m adding both to The Best Sites For Learning About The American Civil War.

Artificial Reefs Around the World is a series of photos from The Atlantic. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About The World’s Oceans.

15 Facts About U.S. Income Inequality That Everyone Should Know (CHARTS) comes from The Huffington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About Wealth & Income Inequality — Help Me Create A Simple Lesson Plan Using Them.

Reflections on the Rwandan Genocide is a series of photos from TIME Magazine. I’m adding it to The Best Sites To Learn About Genocide In Rwanda.

The World’s Tallest Tree Is Hiding Somewhere In California is from NPR. I’m adding it to The Best Sites To Learn About Trees.

(Video) Inside Japan’s nuclear evacuation zone is from CBS News. Japan earthquake and tsunami debris floats across the Pacific toward the US west coast is a slideshow from The Telegraph. I’m adding both to The Best Sites For Learning About The Japan Earthquake & Tsunami, Part Two.

Mexico’s drug war is a series of photos from The Boston Globe’s Big Picture. Q&A: Mexico’s drug-related violence is from The BBC. Mexican Students Cope With Trauma Of Drug War comes from NPR. I’m adding all three links to The Best Sites To Learn About Mexico’s Drug War.

Quest For Money is an online game from The Mint. Unfortunately, there’s no direct link, but if you go to that page you’ll see it on the right. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning Economics & Practical Money Skills.

How Does Age Affect Web Use? is an infographic. World Internet Use by Language is another infographic. I’m adding both to The Best Sites To Learn About The Internet.

Hmong Facts is from The Minnesota Historical Society. I’m adding it to The Best Websites To Learn About The Hmong.

Here are some other regular features I post in this blog:

“The Best…” series (which are now 650 in number)

Best Tweets of The Month

The most popular posts on this blog each month

My monthly choices for the best posts on this blog each month

Each month I do an “Interview Of The Month” with a leader in education

Periodically, I post “A Look Back” highlighting older posts that I think are particularly useful

The ESL/EFL/ELL Blog Carnival

Resources that share various “most popular” lists useful to teachers

Interviews with ESL/EFL teachers in “hot spots” around the world.