Over the past two years, I have posted:
My Best Posts On Building Parent Engagement In Schools — 2010
My Best Posts On Parent Engagement Over The Past Six Months
My Best Posts & Articles About Building Parent Engagement In Schools — 2009
My Best Posts On Parent Engagement So Far This Year
It’s been six months since I shared my latest “picks” from my Engaging Parents In School blog, which I began when my book, Building Parent Engagement In Schools, was published.
So, here are my choices for The Best Posts On Parent Engagement Over The Past Six Months (not listed in any order of preference):
- Annenberg Starts “Center For Education Organizing”
- Good Middle School Journal Article On Parent Involvement
- “Parent Engagement Resources”
- What Was This New York Principal Thinking?
- Now It’s Hartford’s Turn To Show How NOT To Do Parent Involvement
- Now It’s New York City’s Turn To Show Us How NOT To Do Parent Engagement
- “Title I and Parent Involvement: Lessons from the Past, Recommendations for the Future”
- Again, Let’s Not Blame Parents
- “Must-Read” Parent Tool Kit
- Newark Continues To Show The World How NOT To Do Parent Involvement/Engagement
- More On Star Wars & Parent Engagement
- The Best Resources For Learning Why The Parent Trigger Isn’t Good For Parents, Kids Or Schools
- Rahm Emanuel’s “Transactional” Perspective On Parent Involvement/Engagement
- Why It’s So Important To Speak Positively To Parents About Their Kids
- What Is With All These Proposed Punitive Measures Against Parents?
- Bill Proposed To Grade Parents — What’s In Florida’s Drinking Water?
- The Importance Of Conversation
- This Is The Best Piece I’ve Seen On Parent Involvement & Obama’s “Blueprint For Reform”
- “Parental Involvement Standards”
- Teachers Have Got To Stop Blaming Parents
- What A Terrible Video About Parents & Schools With A Terrible Message
- Edutopia Offers Free “Home-to-School Connections Guide”
- Unusual — And Important — Parent Engagement Study Validated
- Obama’s Blueprint For Reform Is Very Weak On Parent Engagement/Involvement
Feedback is welcome.
If you found this post useful, you might want to explore the 660 other “The Best…” lists I’ve compiled.