Sock Puppets is a simple iPhone app that lets you easily record a student and upload it to YouTube. It can be used to briefly record a student speaking or reading in class, or even to have two or three students record a simple play (the free app allows thirty seconds of recording while for 99 cents you can upgrade to 90 seconds). One major advantage of using this for speaking practice is that it’s the sock puppet that’s actually speaking on the display, not the student. It looks like it could have potential. Thanks to techchef4u for the tip.
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
November 14, 2007
March 24, 2010
July 11, 2018
April 27, 2019
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
- This Week’s Resources To Support Teachers Coping With School Closures
- Tuesday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopenings
- Five Key Lessons I’ve Learned About Distance Learning This Semester
- New PBS NewsHour Video Segment: “Poet tapped for inauguration to spread a message of unity”
- Video: Trevor Noah Interviews Dr. Mary Frances Berry – “The Power of Protest”