Immigrant Children Lag Behind, Posing Risk is a Wall Street Journal article on a new report titled Children in Immigrant Families: Essential to America’s Future.

The article provides a good summary, along with some useful charts. However, you can only access part of it by clicking on its link. Like many Wall Street Journal articles, however, if you copy and paste its title in a search engine and click on a link from there, you will be able to access the entire article.

You can also read the entire report here. It’s written by the Foundation For Child Development which, from a quick look at their website, seems to do some decent work. I was concerned, however, that in The Wall Street Journal article they chose to only highlight the work of charters in assisting English Language Learners. Excuse me, there are thousands of non-charter public schools doing good work with ELL’s, too. However, since it was the Wall Street Journal, it could very well have been the Journal’s bias and the Foundation spokespeople could have actually shared examples the reporter chose not to include.

I’m also going to add the report to The Best Ways To Keep-Up With Current ELL/ESL/EFL News & Research.