I began the Building Parents In School blog four years ago, shortly after my book, Building Parents In Schools, was published. I thought it would be interesting, and perhaps helpful, to share its most popular posts during that time.
You might also be interested in:
My Most Popular Parent Engagement Posts Of The Year — 2012
My Most Popular Parent Engagement Posts Of The Year — 2010
Here are my most popular parent engagement posts over the past four years:
1. The Best Sources Of Parent Engagement Advice For Teachers
2. Good Middle School Journal Article On Parent Involvement
3. Another Reason Why We Need To Be Careful How We Speak To Parents About Their Children
4. Jeez, What Was Ron Clark Thinking?
5. The Worst Parent Engagement Ideas
6. The Best Resources On Parent/Teacher Conferences
7. The Best Resources For Learning About Teacher Home Visits
8. The Best Ideas On How Parents Can Help Their Kids Succeed Academically
9. “The Best Research Available On Parent Engagement”
10. A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Parent Engagement
11. Teachers Have Got To Stop Blaming Parents
12. What A Terrible Video About Parents & Schools With A Terrible Message
13. The Power Of A Positive Phone Call Home
14. Some Of These “Parent Academies” Just Don’t Get It….
15. Chart: Useful Summary Of The Differences Between Parent Involvement & Parent Engagement