'Stand Up for Schools Fullerton Protest 4' photo (c) 2009, Travis - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Here are some recent useful articles and posts on educational policy issues:

The New York Performance Standards Consortium has been recognized by The American Federation of Teachers by its prize for Solution-Driven Unionism. I’m adding it to The Best Articles Describing Alternatives To High-Stakes Testing.

I’m adding this next series of Ed Week articles on The Gates Foundation to The Best Resources For Learning About The Role Of Private Foundations In Education Policy:

Teacher ‘Voice’ Amplified by Series of Gates Grants is from Education Week.

Gates Foundation Places Big Bet on Teacher Agenda is from Education Week.

Follow the Money: Gates Giving for Its Teacher Agenda is an infographic from Education Week.

‘Effective Teaching’ Study Seen as Influential, and Faulty is from Education Week. I’m adding it to A Beginning List Of The Best Posts On Gates’ Final MET “Effective Teaching” Report.

In Public Education, Edge Still Goes to Rich is from The New York Times. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning That Money Does Matter For Schools.

Funding for L.A. Unified’s iPad program uncertain after three years is from The Los Angeles Times. I’m adding it to A Very Beginning List Of The Best Articles On The iPad Debacle In Los Angeles Schools.