'forged link chain (5)' photo (c) 2009, Kirsten Skiles - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too. These are resources that I didn’t include in my “Best Tweets” feature because I had planned to post about them, or because I didn’t even get around to sending a tweet about them.

Here are Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”:

13 words of the year from other countries is from The Week. I’m adding it to The Best “Words Of The Year” Features For 2013.

Protest Songs, From Seeger to Sting to Springsteen is from The New York Times. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Protests In History.

Workers of the World, Faint! is from The NY Times. I’m adding it to the same list.

Wealth gap: A guide to what it is, why it matters is from The San Francisco Chronicle. I’m adding it to The Best Resources About Wealth & Income Inequality.

10 startling facts about global wealth inequality is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to the same list.

How Americans really feel about the gap between rich and poor is also from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to the list, too.

How Important is Grit in Student Achievement? is from MindShift. It gives a good overview of the research on the topic. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The Importance Of “Grit.”

Stunning Before and After Photos of California’s Lakes Depleted by Extreme Drought is from The Weather Channel. I’m adding it to A Beginning List Of The Best Resources On California’s Drought.

Jim Burke has just unveiled his new, extremely helpful, website.

I’m adding video to The Best Sites For International Day Of The World’s Indigenous People. Thanks to Nancy Flanagan for the tip:

Here’s a useful worksheet and video on Nelson Mandela at Michelle Henry’s site. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Nelson Mandela.

If The World Were … An Infographic is from The ASIDE blog. I’m adding it to The Best Sites That Show Statistics By Reducing The World & The U.S. To 100 People.

Here Are All the Super Bowl Ads You Can See Before Sunday’s Big Game is from The Atlantic. I’m adding it to The Best Sites Where ELL’s Can Learn About The Super Bowl.

The Dust Bowl is a PBS interactive using a “Choose Your Own Adventure” form. I’m adding it to The Best Places To Read & Write “Choose Your Own Adventure” Stories. Thanks to Richard Byrne for the tip.

National Flags Made From Each Country’s Traditional Foods is from is Marvelous. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About The World’s Different Cultures.