I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention:

Language Translation Tech Starts to Deliver on Its Promise is a New York Times article. I was particularly struck by this line:

Google will soon announce updates to its translation app for phones. Google Translate now offers written translation of 90 languages and the ability to hear spoken translations of a few popular languages. In the update, the app will automatically recognize if someone is speaking a popular language and automatically turn it into written text.

I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About Google Translate.

Fla. Wins Flexibility in Accountability for English-Learners is from Education Week. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Next Generation” Of State Testing.

An inspiring way to learn English? By watching TED Talks is a post from the TED blog about a new textbook series, along with multimedia, designed to use TED materials to teach English. It’s very hard to get an idea of what it really looks like from this post, so I can’t make any comment about how good or bad it is. I’d be interested in getting feedback from people who have actually seen or used the materials. I’m adding it to The Best Teacher Resources For “TED Talks” (& Similar Presentations).

Pleasure of learning new words is a report on a new study that has some implications for language-learning.

I’m adding Differentiated Instruction in Classes of Differing Ability #ELTchat Summary to The Best Resources On Teaching Multilevel ESL/EFL Classes.

Things To Do With Photos is from ESL Resources. I’m adding it to The Best Ways To Use Photos In Lessons.

It’s not a video, but I’m adding this tweet to The Best Funny Videos Showing The Importance Of Being Bilingual Or Multilingual:

For Undocumented Immigrants, High Schools Can Play a Key Role is from The Education Writers Association. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On The Obama Administration’s Plan To Partially Implement The DREAM Act.

Anna Loseva: 30 questions to ask yourself on New Year’s Eve appeared on the Teaching English website. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning About New Year Celebrations.

Dave Dodgson: A year in review. Three Quick Ideas to Start your 2015 Classes is being added to the same list.

Here are two new additions to The Best Web Tools For Teaching Irregular Verbs & Verb Tenses — Contribute Your Suggestions!:

British Council Exercises

Engames interactive