edueto

Thanks to Ana Cristina’s post, which I learned about through TEFLgeek, I discovered the new site Edueto.

It’s got to be one of the best Web 2.0 sites of the year, and perhaps the most useful one for teachers and students.

And it’s free.

Teachers can create exercises in any of the forms listed in the above screenshot and assign them to a virtual class they create. Students can do the activity and teachers can track their progress.

You can also access a library of exercises created by other teachers that you can assign “as is” to students or edit.

The exercises are very easy to create, and each has a short instructional video (I have to say that I wish the videos didn’t move quite so fast, though).

One of the particularly important features it has, unlike some quasi-similar automatic activity creators out there is that, for example, teachers can strategically place the blanks to be filled in the “gap-fill” exercise, instead of just having an algorithm choose them.

It’s a wonderful site. I did write to its owners, though, wondering if in the future they could create a feature allowing students to create exercises for their classmates. That would be a great learning activity!

I’m adding Edueto to:

The Best Sites That Students Can Use Independently And Let Teachers Check On Progress

The “All-Time” Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of English Language Learners

Here’s an introductory video from the site: