Arika Okrent is the language columnist for The Week. Here’s a useful video she created:
About The Author
I'm a high school teacher in Sacramento, CA.
Ways To Support Students Setting Goals
November 8, 2013
Video: “Why we imagine aliens the way we do”
March 14, 2018
New TED-Ed Video: “Building the impossible: Golden Gate Bridge”
January 19, 2023
Leave a reply Cancel reply
SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL
- David Campbell on Six Changes I THINK I See In Students Since The Pandemic Began – What About You?
- Larry Ferlazzo on The Best ESL/EFL Blogs
- Gregor Allan Smith on The Best ESL/EFL Blogs
- Christina on The Best Videos For Celebrating Pi Day
- Larry Ferlazzo on Here’s The Advice I Offered To Teachers – Through The Sacramento Bee – About Teaching ELLs. What Would You Add?
I have tried for years to have an accent like a native speaker, but I gave up, and instead I tried to pronounce the word correctly so that the others can understand what I’m saying. And I think it is a more achievable goal than the former idea. But I still have some problem with the sounds: ts vs dj