(I’ve actually turned this into a short “Best” list – I’ve received many suggestions of movies, but not clips. So far I’ve only found  one from Up The Down Staircase)

I like to use short scenes from television or the movies to illustrate concepts I’m trying to teach, and now I’d like to create a “Best” list of clips from TV and/or the movies showing examples of both good and bad classroom discussions – in small groups or in the entire class

These would be clips I’d be showing to students, not as a professional development exercise for teachers.

And they don’t even have to be in the classroom – clips of young people talking and demonstrating agreeing/disagreeing/building on what one of them said (or, not demonstrating those kinds of qualities) in any venue would work.

Please leave your suggestions and, ideally, links to video clips, in the comments section will be greatly appreciated.

Of course, if I include your suggestion in the final “Best” list, you’ll receive full credit.

Here they are:

You might also be interested in these other kinds of lists I’ve posted of videos illustrating teaching concepts:

The Best Movie Scenes, Stories, & Quotations About “Transfer Of Learning” – Help Me Find More!

The Best Video Clips Demonstrating “Grit” – Help Me Find More

The Best Video Clips On Goal-Setting — Help Me Find More

The Best Video Clips & Full-Length Movies For Helping To Teach Persuasive Techniques (Help Me Find More)

The Best Video Clips On The Benefits Of Writing Well — Help Me Find More

The Best Funny Videos Showing The Importance Of Being Bilingual Or Multilingual — Part One

The Best Funny Videos To Help Teach Grammar – Help Me Find More

The Best Fun Videos To Teach Language Conventions — Help Me Find More

The Best Videos For Teaching & Learning About Figurative Language

The Best TV/Movie Scenes Demonstrating A “Growth Mindset”

The Best Movie/TV Scenes Demonstrating Metacognition