It’s a good time to start thinking about next year, and I thought readers might be interested in hearing what they can expect to see in this blog over the coming months:
* My next book, Navigating The Common Core With English Language Learners (co-authored by Katie Hull Sypnieski) is a 120,000 word monster and will be released by Jossey-Bass in March. Look for excerpts from it in MindShift, Middleweb, Edutopia, Education Week and The Washington Post.
* Katie and I have begun work on our future book(s). I’ll share more details next year.
* I’ll continue to write weekly posts for the New York Times Learning Network (see All My NY Times Posts For English Language Learners – Linked With Descriptions) and for my Education Week Teacher advice column.
* I’ll continue to do weekly ten-minute radio shows with BAM! (see All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions).
* I’ll continue to write weekly columns for Teaching English – British Council on…teaching ELLs.
* I’ll continue to periodically write about education policy issues at The Washington Post.
* I’ll continue to share resources at my Engaging Parents In School blog.
* As regular readers know, I have been teaching a class to credential candidates at California State University, Sacramento. That course on teaching English Language Learners will continue next semester, and I hope to write more about the experience here.
* And I’ll continue to post resources/commentary here and write about my teaching English and Social Studies to English Language Learners, and about teaching my IB Theory of Knowledge classes.
All this, plus family and playing basketball, should keep me busy and out of trouble 🙂 in 2016!