questionweek
Warren Berger, author of “A More Beautiful Question” writes:

It’s always a good time for asking questions, but now there’s an especially good time: the week of March 13 to 19, otherwise known as “Question Week 2016.” I am organizing this event in partnership with the Right Question Institute and other organizations that champion questioning. It’s the 3rd year in a row we’ve done a questioning event timed to Einstein’s birthday, but this year, we plan to expand it–involving many schools from all around the country and even some schools outside the US. 

Here’s the plan: During Question Week, participating schools and classrooms across the US will conduct questioning exercises or activities with students, sharing the results on social media. There is a website already up that provides guidance and tips on possible questioning exercises or activities you can do. But you may also choose to do something different — as long it is question-related, it qualifies as a Question Week activity. Also during that week, live special events will feature public discussion on the power of questioning. Visitors to the Question Week website will discover how “beautiful questions” have changed the world around us; they’ll also learn how to ask better questions themselves. And everyone will be encouraged to share their questions on the site, as well as on Twitter and Facebook.

If all goes as planned, we’ll have lots of schools — of all different types — conducting fun questioning activities, then sharing it all on social media (#QuestionWeek). The goal is to flood the Internet with questions! This is a passion project of mine: ever since my book came out I’ve been pleasantly surprised to see how this issue (the importance of asking questions) resonates with teachers and students. With that in mind, I thought it would be fun to designate a time to try to generate a bit more awareness and momentum around questioning. 

I invite everyone to visit the Question Week site and think about how you can participate when the time comes. And please spread the word about Question Week.

I’ve previously posted many resources from Warren and others at The Best Posts & Articles About Asking Good Questions.