Three years ago I began this regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention.

You might also be interested in The Best Resources, Articles & Blog Posts For Teachers Of ELLs In 2015 – Part Two and The Best Websites For English Language Learner Students In 2015 – Part Two.

Here are this week’s choices:

Helping English-Language Learners Avoid the Summer Slide is from Education Post.

Suburban Schools Unprepared for Influx of Immigrant Students, Report Argues is from Ed Week.

Why The Dual Language Immersion Approach Will Change Achievement In American Public Schools appeared in Medium.

Refugees Reach Settlement In Legal Fight To Attend N.Y. High School is from NPR.

Six Things Principals Can Do To Support Their English Language Learners – thanks to Judie Haynes for the tip.

What if one culture shares multiple languages? That’s a challenge Oregon is taking up with its Somali students. is from PRI.

Is Extra Funding Helping English Learners? One School’s Contentious Decision is from KQED.

Number and Share of English Language Learners by State is from The Migration Policy Institute.

Teachers recommend ELL instruction changes is from The United Federation Of Teachers.